ASSISTANT PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Arts and the Garden, Summer Youth Academic and Enrichment Program 2017
Compensation: $18 per hour, not to exceed a total of $6,084
The Rev. Linnette C. Williamson Memorial Park Association, Inc., a nonsectarian, nonprofit organization in Central Harlem, NYC, is seeking an ASSISTANT PROGRAM DIRECTOR for its youth enrichment program, Arts and the Garden. The program serves 20-25 children ages 5-11 for seven weeks during the summer.
Arts and the Garden operates during weekdays, 7 hours each day, providing academic instruction and activities in art, horticulture, and environmental education with an emphasis on STEAM and life skills. The program mostly takes place in our three vest-pocket parks and gardens and open-space playground on West 128th and 129th Streets. Field trips are a part of the program.
The Assistant Program Director will work under the supervision of the Program Director.
- Assisting with the overall operations of the program
- Planning and leading educational activities in a highly organized manner, ensuring students’ full engagement in a respectful and fun learning environment
- Field trip supervision
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Degree candidate or graduate in Education or acceptable equivalent
- Experience and patience with children of varied age and skill levels
- Computer literacy
- Passion for teaching and teamwork
Hours and duration:
- Three six-hour training days: June 17 and 24, and July 5, 2017
- Thirty-five eight-hour days, five days a week for seven weeks: Thursday, July 6 to Wednesday, August 16, 2017
How to apply: send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Write “ASSISTANT PROGRAM DIRECTOR” followed by your first and last name in the subject line. In your cover letter, please specify if you have skills and experience in which of the following educational enrichment activities that are a part of the curriculum: art, dance, engineering, environmental conservation/stewardship, gardening, music, photography, reading, science, technology (computers), writing, or other area.
Application deadline: April 18, 2017, or until the position is filled.