Arts and the Garden, Summer Youth Academic and Enrichment Program 2017
Compensation: $12 per hour, not to exceed a total of $1,440
The Rev. Linnette C. Williamson Memorial Park Association, Inc., a nonsectarian, nonprofit organization in Central Harlem, NYC, is seeking a MAINTENANCE WORKER for its youth enrichment program, Arts and the Garden. The program serves 20-25 children ages 5-11 for seven weeks during the summer.
Under the supervision of the Program Director:
- Provide a clean program environment for the staff and children in the program.
- Maintain our four vest-pocket parks and keep them clean.
- Keep clean the second-floor office, one bathroom, stairway and hallway, including emptying wastebaskets and bringing trash downstairs for disposal.
- Keep clean the downstairs office, kitchen and dining area, and two bathrooms.
- Perform other maintenance duties as needed.
- 18 years or older
- High school graduate or GED preferred.
- Ability to follow directions and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to seek advice or assistance when needed.
- Must be responsible, patient, reliable, punctual, and cooperative.
- Must take pride in your work.
Details of Employment
- Two six-hour training/cleaning days: June 17 and 24.
- 36 days x 3 hours per day (1.5 hours in the morning and 1.5 hours in the afternoon): Wednesday, July 5 through Wednesday, August 16, 2017
How to apply: send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Write “MAINTENANCE WORKER” followed by your first and last name in the subject line.
Application deadline: April 14, 2017, or until the position is filled.